How to be ready for winter weather
Imagine winter strikes at your home, business, or church. Have you taken the necessary precautions to avoid further damages in case disaster strikes?
Enjoy your holidays merry and bright while keeping your property safe. Winter is wonderful, but it could also bring freezing rain, sleet, winds and snow that could be damaging to your property. Be prepared to face any type of winter conditions.
Here is our list of precautionary measures to protect your property:
- Wind, heavy rain, ice, and snow can break branches and limbs that are too close to your property. Check for those potential hazards.
- Check your roofs, water pipes, and gutters for leaves or branches left there this fall. Gutter waterspouts should be directed away from your building. Verify all drainages are clear in order to avoid an unnecessary flood.
- Handrails, stairwells, and entryways must be clear and safe for potential slippery incidents. You could install mats in those areas to avoid danger.
- Water should drip through your pipes when temperatures drop below freezing. Pipes under a cabinet can enjoy some warm air from the house if you leave cabinet doors open. That small gesture would prevent those pipes from freezing.
- If you have outdoor faucets, you could shut the water off at the main valve in the basement or crawl space. Once the valve is off, open the outdoor faucet to ensure it drains, preventing any remaining water from freezing in the pipe.
Tell your local church or business that SERVPRO of Weakley, Gibson, Carroll Counties can complete for them an Emergency READY Profile® (ERP) for free. The ERP would provide them with a plan to get back in business fast following a disaster. When winter weather strikes, call your local SERVPRO of Weakley, Gibson, Carroll Counties to strike back.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - (731) 784-4938
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Weakley, Gibson, Carroll Counties has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Weakley, Gibson, Carroll Counties
SERVPRO of Weakley, Gibson, Carroll Counties specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.