Mold Remediation vs. Mold Removal
SERVPRO of Weakley/Gibson/Carroll Presents: Mold Removal vs Mold Remediation
We cannot see mold spores without magnification. The spores can survive almost anything.
Mold removal is impossible.
- Get rid of all of the mold.
- Get rid of all the mold spores.
Mold starts growing within 24 hours of exposure to moisture.
SERVPRO of Weakley/Gibson/Carroll Counties can’t promise the impossible. It CAN promise mold remediation.
SERVPRO of Weakley/Gibson/Carroll Counties is licensed in mold remediation.
- Remove mold colonies.
- Throw out whatever mold has destroyed.
- Clean, dry, and disinfect the rest.
- Identify materials that stayed wet for over 24-48 hours.
- Throw out those items.
- Identify moisture sources
- leaking pipes
- standing water
- humidity (40% or higher)
- Stop the moisture = Prevent mold
By law, only licensed professionals can remediate large areas. A “large area” is 10 square feet or more.